Thursday, October 28, 2010

galilee { 7 & 8 }

This was a free day and some friends and I chose to go to Tiberias in the morning, spend the afternoon exploring and then bike back to where we were staying on the other side of the Sea after lunch. I really enjoyed exploring the city and getting better acquainted with the people and their culture. Biking around the southern part of the Sea of Galilee was so much fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat. The part of the sea that we biked around was about 15 miles.

















Our last day in Galilee...

This morning we had more free time, I chose to read out by the sea. I am very thankful for this time and I was able to reflect on our time here. All that I had seen and learned, sometimes we move so fast that I forget what I am doing and where I am at. I am in Israel, exploring the area that my Savior spend the majority of His life. Where He chose to do miraculous things, and give us a little more knowledge of God. WOW, my unworthy little brain cannot even begin to comprehend those things. I read a little in 1 Samuel, Matthew and Romans. These are all more than just little stories, they are part of a much bigger, greater story. I have said this before but there is just something about having a place to put with the stories that makes it come to life. God is SOO great!

We then headed to Beth-Shan. This is the biggest and most important city in the Decapolis. This was one of my favorite sites of the week because there are many remains and I could tell that it was a great city.
















I greatly enjoyed this week, it has been memorable and life changing. One of my favorite parts of the week was reading Galatians in the morning on the bus. As we were driving to our first site each day our professor would read a chapter and talk about it with us. We have been very blessed with a faculty here that really care about each student; academically, spiritually and personally. Most of this week they did purely for our enjoyment, and I cannot say how greatly we have been blessed. I really appreciated this and learned a lot from it. I completely understand why they say that Galilee is 40% of the reason you come to Israel!

2 comments:

  1. Hannah, we have loved reading about your adventures. In addition to seeing your wonderful pictures. We are so delighted that you are having a wonderful time. Take care, Sandy and John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I'm crying! I'm so happy for you1

    ReplyDelete